I've seen a bunch of people posting on Facebook about doing 30 days of things they're grateful for. I missed the boat - didn't catch on until about day 9 - so I don't want to join in now.
Instead I'm going to post right here: 30 things I am grateful for.
(in no particular order)
30. My job. It challenges me and I learn something new almost every single day. I'm lucky to have a job at all, much less one I like and am good at.
29. My Blackberries. Yes, BlackberrIES. Having them (one is my personal 'berry, one is for work) saves me a lot of time in front of the computer.
28. Pillows.
27. Rainy days. It's the closest we get to "seasons" around here. Plus I like it better when the islands aren't on fire. And also, rain brings rainbows.
26. My dog. She reminds me every day not to forget about the simple joys of life: Food. Play. Sleep.
25. The phone. No way would I be able to be so far from those I love without it.
24. Face.book (and the interwebs in general). See #25. You can go on and on about the evils of Face.book, but it has allowed me to remain in better touch with my friends than I would be without it.
23. Good people. There are still some out there. The fact that I am lucky enough to keep meeting them amazes and astounds me.
22. My husband. On our wedding day, the priest said something to the effect of, "No matter what you deal with, for the rest of your life, you will never be alone again." Whether I like it or not, he's always there :) (don't worry, I like it)
21. Diamonds. Even when they aren't mine. I love knowing that such beauty exists in the world.
20. Sunrise. Even when I wish I could sleep through it. Every day is a fresh start.
19. Coffee.
18. My parents. They have sacrificed much so that us kids could have all we needed and most of what we wanted. And they made us who we are.
17. Cheese.
16. Garlic.
15. Anything that involves both garlic and cheese.
14. The person who invented knitting.
13. The person who invented online education.
12. God. Without Him, none of this would be.
11. Science. Without it, we would not understand much of our world.
10. People who believe that God and science don't inherently need to be in conflict with each other.
9. Bladders. I mean, where would we be without them? You know where we'd be. All the time.
8. Li'l Bro. He supports me, teaches me, entertains me. Also I can't even quantify the number of sibling inside jokes that only he understands.
7. OK this is gonna sound messed up, but I'm grateful that I have to battle my weight. I mean, I hate it, but it means I have more than enough to eat. There are so many who don't have that luxury that would probably love to be in a position where their doctor tells them to lose a few pounds.
6. The friends I've had, the friends I have, and the friends I haven't met yet. Each of you has shaped (or will shape) the person I am. Even the ones who've disappointed me in the end.
5. Electricity, eeeee-lectricity!
4. Times when I can get away from electricity and go to sleep and wake up according to the sun's schedule. I never feel so well-rested as when I abide by nature's clock.
3. Highlighters. And post-its. And school/office supplies in general.
4. The opportunities - the ones I've been given, stumbled upon, and made for myself - that I've had in life.
3. The ocean. Seriously, y'all, you have no idea how much the ocean does for you. No matter where you live.
2. Music.
1. Positivity :)
What are you grateful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bladders, bwhahaha, you made me laugh. Good list though!
ReplyDelete