I was at a meeting recently and groaned a little bit when they mentioned that we'd be doing an icebreaker. Visions of high school retreats and fake forced intimacy began dancing in my head. I started looking around to see if it was going to be the dreaded toilet paper game, or maybe something involving two truths and a lie. I hope I wasn't having any trouble hiding my inner monologue.
And then the facilitator told us what the icebreaker would be.
"Tell us what color you are today and why," she said.
Hmmm...this one was actually interesting! It required some serious thought, a little creativity, and allowed everyone to share at a level that made them comfortable (perfect for people like me who don't necessarily love telling my deepest darkest secrets to a group of total strangers).
That day I was blue. But not sad blue. Power blue. I was kicking ass and taking names that day, and I wasn't afraid to show it!
Today, I'm yellow! Yellow like the sun, which to me is a happy color. I'm working on a project that involves lots of yellow (it is the favorite color of the person I'm making it for). It's bright and cheery, as am I. It makes other people FEEL bright and cheery, which is something I'd like to do.
So, I ask you, what color are you today?
What color do you want to be tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment