(from lovemarks.com)
Turtles are one of my favorites!
Because of her, I never really associated Valentine's Day ONLY with romantic love. To me, it's a day to celebrate all love. This makes it easier when, for instance, The Good.Sport is out of town on Valentine's Day...not that I know anything about that.
But really, even when I was not romantically involved on Valentine's Day I rarely felt sorry for myself, because I was happy that there was love in the world, somewhere, and wanted to celebrate that.
(One of my all-time favorite Valentine's Days involved me, my couch, a few rented movies, a pizza, and a bottle of champagne. Bet you're shocked about the champagne part.)
So anyways, because I'm totally unoriginal and I saw The Pioneer Woman do this, I'm going to tell you a little bit about some of the things I love.
Thunderstorms
Dark chocolate
Curling up on the couch on a cold, gray, rainy day with hot cocoa, a blanket, and a book
Lou Malnati's pizza
Water!
The Good.Sport's voice
The way my dog picks up a paw when she sits as if to say, "I know what's next! You're gonna tell me to 'shake' and I'm already ready to do it!"
Polka dots
Argyle
The smell of ship engines (mmmm...diesel)
Looking down at a carpet of clouds from my window seat on an airplane
All the colors of the ocean (every shade from light turquoise to navy blue and everything in between)
Spreadsheets
Lists
Fleece pants
Soup in a bread bowl
Boston University hockey
Duke University basketball
Organization
Pictures!
The first day of school
The last day of school
Strawberries
Sushi
The smell of sunscreen
Smartwool socks
L'il Bro
The Chicago Skyline
Champagne!!
Seeing the warm cozy glow of a happy home from the street - especially if I'm headed inside!
Hearing what other people name their kids
Sharpies
Mint Milanos
Nudibranchs
Peanut Butter (creamy, please)
Funny people
The Olympics!
Rainbows
Puppy Piles
Rum Swizzles
Hawaii's obsession with Spam
The little donut things we used to buy from the kids at the bus stop in Ecuador for 10 cents a bag
People when they are in their element or talking about their passion
Crustaceans (both alive and on my plate!)
Bear hugs
Knitting something for someone I love
OK there are a lot more things I love, but maybe I'll make this an annual trend so as to spare you an insanely long post this year. There's a small window into things I love, anyway.
I know we all love our significant others and focus on that for Valentine's Day, and that's wonderful, but what other things are you celebrating your love for this year?
(It's ok if you want to say "When The Lady posts pictures instead of talking so much" - no, really. I'll understand. And I'll be back to pictures very soon.)

I get Valentine's packages from my mom too. The standard is always Valentine decorated underwear and socks and Reese's. There's always a surprise too. This year was a B&N gift card. those are always welcome gifts.
ReplyDeleteWhen we were little, my mom would always make muffins or pancakes for breakfast and dye the batter pink. I love V-day....although it's better when we're not alone. You can commiserate huh?
I sure can, Jenny. I sure can.
ReplyDelete